I’m late getting this started this evening, but it’s just been one of those days. I slept in this morning, and have been playing catch-up with the laundry and other chores all day, and also had to have a serious face-to-face with our oldest daughter this evening which took the wind out of me for a while. Parenting is hard work! But it’s all good for now, so without further adieu . . .
This evening I am:
- Reading: NW by Zadie Smith, about four characters living in NW London, and In the Shadow of the Banyan: A Novel, by Vaddey Ratner, about life under the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, in the mid-70s. The two books couldn’t be more different, but I am enjoying both. I also have a book out in the car, Wife 22, by Melanie Gideon, that I just started.
- Listening to: The last loads of laundry in the washer and dryer.
- Watching: We picked up the second season of Chuck at the library the other day so Mr. Losing It and I and our two younger daughters are watching a couple more episodes this evening.
- Cooking/baking: Once again I stayed out of the kitchen today, but Mr. Losing It made an awesome sausage, pepper and onion pizza this evening. He also roasted the last two pumpkins from our garden and got the pulp ready for me to use this week (pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bars and a pumpkin bread pudding).
- Happy I accomplished this week: Getting all my walking in (again), and successfully making a Baked Alaska for YaYu’s birthday this past Thursday.
- Looking forward to next week: Hopefully some warmer temperatures. It’s been very cold (for Portland) this past week.
- Thankful for: An unexpected check from our mortgage company. Our taxes were less than anticipated, so we got a nice refund!
- Bonus Question: Are you an optimist or a pessimist? Optimist! I’ve always been a glass half-full kind of gal.
Thanks again to Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily for hosting Sunday Night Chit Chat!