Another cold Sunday evening in Portland. It’s been so cold here that even with our thermostat set at 58° the furnace has been running most of the day. It’s currently only 31° and expected to drop to 21° tonight. Yikes! We’d all love it if it would snow, but this is Portland and snow days are very few and far between.
Anyway, tonight I am:
- Reading: I’m still reading Telegraph Avenue, and also have started A False Mirror by Charles Todd. Todd’s books are set in England right after WWI, and are filled with information about what those who served in that war went through. I always learn something (besides getting to try to figure out the mystery – Todd keeps you guessing until the last few pages).
- Watching: Nothing this evening; I’ll watch the next episode of Downton Abbey online tomorrow.
- Listening to: The dryer, of course. We got a late start on the laundry today, so I’ll be up late getting it finished.
- Cooking/baking: Mr. Losing It is making a barbecue chicken pizza tonight. I made a sour cream-pecan coffee cake earlier for the girls’ breakfast tomorrow.
- Happy I accomplished this week: Just getting everything done around the house, and getting all my daily walking done.
- Looking forward to next week: Wednesday is the monthly late-opening for schools and YaYu and I get to sleep in. Meiling and WenYu will get themselves up and off to school (high schools don’t get late openings).
- Thankful for: A sub position last week.
- Bonus question: What is your favorite board game? Scrabble! We still play with the set that Mr. Losing It and I bought when we first started dating, over 35 years ago. I don’t know if it counts as a board game, but I also love to play Yahtzee. My son and I have had a “tournament” going since 1988, and we still play with our original red plastic cup (now fortified with duct tape). We also play our own version, playing across to fill the squares versus down each row. It’s faster, but not any easier.
Many thanks again to Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily for hosting Sunday Night Chit Chat!