There is something very nice about a Sunday evening when I know I don’t have to wake up early the next morning! The girls and I have the day off tomorrow for Veteran’s Day; Mr. Losing It still has to go into work (and he’s a veteran!). Actually, I’m a veteran too. I met Mr. LI when he was my instructor for two weeks in Avionics “A” School. He taught me all about transistors, capacitors and resistors – so romantic!
This evening I am:
- Reading: Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale, a very lightweight, easy-to-read but fun mystery, and Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity by Katherine Boo. Definitely not lightweight or easy to read, but very compelling. I will just say I don’t think we in the U.S. have a clue about what real poverty is.
- Listening to: The television downstairs; WenYu and YaYu are watching something. Mr. LI is puttering around in the kitchen.
- Watching: WenYu and I are going to watch the delicious Colin Firth in Pride and Prejudice tonight!
- Cooking/baking: Mr. LI made a “leftovers” pizza and used up the last of some pesto, pepperoni, grated mozzarella, an onion and some fresh mozzarella. I made a double batch of granola this morning, and chocolate chip cookies this afternoon.
- Happy I accomplished this past week: Nothing stands out; it was just a good week overall.
- Looking forward to next week: Two back-to-back potlucks, one with WenYu’s cross-country team, and the next with Meiling’s China group from this past summer. We’re taking a green salad with croutons to both.
- Thankful for: Those who serve and who have served our country, and to the families that stand and have stood behind them. The toughest job in the military is military spouse.
- Bonus question: Do you have a hobby? Not really. When I have time I make temari, but I’m not hard-core about it like I used to be because I just don’t have the time right now.
Many thanks again to Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily for Sunday Night Chit Chat!