This week has officially been named “Week o’ Ham” by the Losing It family because almost every day we will be eating . . . wait for it . . . ham! I bought a spiral sliced ham last week at Costco, and it will appear on the menu in one form or another on five out of seven days this week (and we’ll use the bone for soup the next). We are all eagerly anticipating days of hammy goodness because we all love ham and haven’t had any in quite a while.
Another favorite reappearing this week is Sausage Biscuit & Gravy casserole. The girls have been asking for it for several weeks, and on my last shopping trip I finally got my act together and bought everything to make it. It will make a nice change from pancakes for our Sunday evening supper (because the girls said they want a break from pancakes). Finishing up the week will be easy-to-fix ramen bowls. The girls have also been asking for these and as they are cheap to prepare and satisfying, I’m happy to oblige. I am also trying a new recipe for Spanish tortilla, which somewhat resembles a frittata made with potatoes.
For more great menu and recipe ideas, be sure to check out I‘m An Organizing Junkie.
- Sausage Biscuit & Gravy Casserole; green salad (Sunday)
- Baked ham; roasted sweet potatoes; steamed peas
- Goat cheese, artichoke and smoked ham strata; green salad
- Pasta alfredo with diced ham; garlic bread; green salad
- Spanish tortilla; sliced ham; roasted asparagus
- “Gourmet” ramen bowls with bok choy and Chinese barbecued pork
- Grilled cheese & ham sandwiches; tomato & roasted pepper soup (Friday)
Lunches this week will be chicken & dumplings; ham & cheese sandwiches; cup noodles; minestrone & crackers; and honey barbecued chicken wings. Breakfasts will be leftover biscuit & gravy casserole; congee; sour cream coffee cake; rice & pork shu mai; and chicken potstickers.